Episode 13 – Interview with the amazing Amanda Kendle
Amanda’s online life started out during the years she taught English in Japan and Europe and started writing travel articles for some online magazines. It wasn’t long before an editor told her about a regular job going on a travel blog. And even though she didn’t really know what a blog was, she jumped at the chance of getting a monthly cheque for her writing.
From there, the online world really opened up to her. Her travel blog, Not A Ballerina was born to bring together her writing and travel thoughts in one place, and she also had several regular blogging jobs. Some of the websites she worked for provided training in using social media to promote her work – introducing her to Facebook and Twitter, among others.
- Her travel blog and why it began 11 years ago
- Why she called her blog, “Not a Ballerina”
- All the lessons she learnt while blogging
- How often you should post on your blog
- Points that attract someone to read a blog
- How to keep visitors coming back to your blog
- How to stop the burn out as a blogger
- How to nurture your community
- How to set up your readers so that unpleasant comments are kept to a minimum
- Ways to monetise your blog
- How to set boundaries between your online life and your home life
- What it means to ‘batch’ your work and how to do it effectively
QUOTE: “Master one thing and then do SOMEthing”