Kirsty Rice is an Australian writer and blogger. After calling 7 countries home over the past 13 years, she’s embarrassed to admit she still can’t pack a suitcase properly and spends much of her time trying to remember her new telephone number and where she packed the can opener.
Kirsty writes mostly about the juggle of career and children while struggling through the geographical schizophrenia of expat life.
Kirsty’s four children have been born in four different countries and she congratulates herself on not leaving any of them behind in the moving process.
4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle has appeared in both the London Telegraph and The New York Times. Kirsty is a regular contributor on the enormously successful website Mamma Mia!
In this episode, you learn:
- How 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle began
- Why you should write about what you’d like to read about
- What ex pat life is really like
- What Kirsty did when she was overwhelmed by trying to reach out to many people when she had breast cancer
- Why people like to relate to you as a blogger
- How to build relationships with your followers
- How to be real and authentic when blogging