Tan and Amanda Reflect on Information Shared by Bloggers: Part 1
Podcast Episode 50 – An interesting discussion between Tan and Amanda on past bloggers and what worked and what didn’t.
Tanja Turner is a Digital Consultant and podcaster who supports individuals and small businesses in using Technology. As well as co-hosting the Aussie Bloggers Podcast, she hosts her own radio show once a fortnight at Coach on Fire Radio Network.
Her passion is empowering women who are not sure where to go with technology. She runs courses, workshops and retreats – teaching and training in Podcasting, WordPress, blogging, producing digital content products such as ebooks, and building online courses.
She has won numerous awards for her work in technology and education, and in the past, held the position of chair of the Girls in IT committee, helping raise awareness in IT career paths for girls finishing high school.
She’s based in Brisbane, Australia, where she received her original qualifications of formal education and holds a Diploma of Teaching, Bachelor of Education, and Master of Education (Information Technology). She is also a Certified Trainer and Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming which she uses to help clients overcome the fear of new technologies.
As a blogger, are you wondering …. Can Social Media help me? …. Where to start?
Amanda has gained 11,000 Pinterest followers very quickly and teaches others how they can do this too!
“I have a passion for social media, as a small business owner myself, I can appreciate how confusing social media can be for the average business owner. I love writing and sharing my social media experiences and sharing positive quotes. I’m a social media enthusiast. I have real experience in the trenches of social media for small business, as I manage three businesses of my own online. I’ve built a social media platform of over 30,000 followers across Google+, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest and keeping up to date with all the latest tips and tools is a real challenge.”
Amanda says that there is no fast quick fix solution when it comes to social media, connecting with potential clients or even gaining a large reader base for your blog. It is a lot of hard, focused and consistent work to achieve. She believes that as a small business owner, you owe it to yourself and your family to at least give social media a good six months.”
With Amanda, you will find inspiration, personal reflections and social media education on her blog.
Tan and Amanda reflect on past episodes with:
- Helen Edwards from ‘Recycled Interiors’ discusses blogging and building your business
- Lauren Paris from ‘The Mummy Mentor’ talks about Getting known in the media
- Dale Reardon from ‘My Disability Matters’ shares his technical knowledge with WordPress
- Kirsty Rice from ‘4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle’ teaches us how to build relationships with followers
- Keith Keller and how to do Twitter in 20 minute chunks
- Bec Wyld from ‘Wyld Family Travel’ speaks about travel on a budget and with a young family
- Angie Wilson from ‘Gnome Angel’ shows us how to create your own style with your blog
- Annette Hill from ‘I Give You the Verbs’ talks about her stories and how to begin blogging
- Amanda Hoffmann teaches a 3 part series on Pinterest